Friday, September 25, 2009

Sephardic Family Cooking!

September 4th:

This Shabbat was spent in New York. Douglas and I attended Shira and Joe Kelmanovich's wedding in Long Island. Shira and Joe are our friends from Northern California. My cousin Ravit invited us to stay in her home while we were in NY. Douglas and I were so happy to have been invited not only to have Shabbat dinner in her home, but to meet 4 more cousins I have never met. Ravit has 2 kids; Jonathan and Itai. Tali has 2 kids as well; Ely and Lily.

As soon as you walked into Ravit and Ilan's dining room you could smell the Sephardic cooking!! I felt like I was home. From numerous salads to the food arrangement everything felt all so comfortable, just like I was in Florida.

First we started with little Jonathan reciting the wine blessing. Then we moved on to the menu salads and the Moroccan Fish. Mmmm the fish was amazing!! after we had ate our appetizers, the table was covered in savory and sweet dishes. There was sweet potatoes and chicken, meatballs and green beans, rice, and the most amazing dish of the night; brisket with onions. this brisket was to die for! It just melted in your mouth!!!

Thank you so much Ravit and Ilan for hosting us in NY. Tali thank you for coming to see us. I know it must have been hard with your recent birth of baby Lily.

Love you and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment