Friday, September 25, 2009

Nice to have family close by...

September 11th:

The main reason Douglas and I moved to Southern California was to be near family. So when Jan invited us for a Kosher dinner, I was thrilled! Cooking a Kosher dinner has a lot of restrictions and takes a lot of time. To summarize Jan's effort this Shabbat; beautiful!

Not only was her Shabbat table set up to the nine's, but every dish she made was lovingly constructed with her family in mind.

The Menu:
Humus
Peach Salsa
Herring
Guacamole
Fish
Stuffed Chicken
Apple Strudel

My favorite has to be the stuffed chicken. The stuffing consisted of rice, raisins and honey. This dish is definitely something I'd like to make at my Shabbat table.

Great job Jan! Thank you Jan and Steve for inviting us to your table. Too many more beautiful Shabbat dinners together!

No comments:

Post a Comment