Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friday Night Alive

August 21st:

This week Douglas and I attended Temple Etz Chaim's (TEC) Friday Night Alive. Once per month this conservative synagogue has a sing along to their Friday night services. Friday Night Alive was very fun! At times the crowd was dancing all over the room, singing or even shaking custom shakers. Douglas and I will definitely be attending these monthly services!

Before services Douglas and I were invited to TEC's Tot Shabbat Dinner. Sitting with over 30 family members, and eating dinner all while enjoying a puppet show really made me happy to be a part of such a thriving synagogue!

For those who do not know, I have been fortunate enough to have been given the title of TEC's Youth Director. I am very excited and honored to have received this position. My job is to run the 4th-12th grade youth department. I have two employees in my department, one Kadima Advisor and one USY Advisor (the job I use to have in Santa Rosa). I am actually looking to hire a new USY Advisor. Anybody know one in the area?? Please contact me!

This Week’s Shabbat Menu:
Green salad
Eggplant Lasagna
Bowtie Pasta
Veggie Pasta
Pizza
Ice Cream cups

Most of TEC's events are catered by Pizza Nosh! Both Douglas and I are not eggplant tolerant. Not to Sephardic of me, huh? The other night I attended at a TEC board meeting where they were serving what looked to be like plain lasagna. After taking a bite I noticed something different. Something scrumptious tasting!! I turned to my left and asked the gentleman what was in the lasagna. He said what I didn't want to hear, "eggplant"! I took a moment and thought, "hey, maybe I do like eggplant." I came home that night after the board meeting and told Douglas all about it. He said four dreadful words, "Sharon it was fried!" Hmmm I guess everything does taste better fried!

If you have not yet attend TEC's Friday Night Alive or do not currently attend a conservative synagogue, I urge you to come and visit and see for yourself. We don't bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment